ANNAPOLIS, MD ( SharewellNewswire.com–July 20, 2012 ) –ICANotes, LLC, the leader in online behavioral health records, today announced program enhancementsdeveloped specifically for hospitals and other inpatient mental health facilities. These enhancements consist of:
• Clinician Reminder Sheet – A new report functions as a clinician dashboard to documents due or overdue as well as documents which are incomplete or lack electronic signatures. The length of time a clinician has to complete required notesmay be set by each individual facility.
• Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) – The eMARprovides a complete electronic workflow to enhance nursing efficiency while ensuring medication charting accuracy and safe medication management.
• Clinician’s Orders – This area has been expanded to include all types of orders utilized by inpatient settings, including a variety of detox protocols, activity and restriction orders, and dietary orders. Nurses are notified when a new order has been entered.
• Verbal Orders–Nurses mayenter verbal orders and alert the physician to sign them electronically.The order sheet documents who gave the verbal order, who entered it, and who signed it.
• Initial Evaluations – Complete Assessments can be set up so that the portions of the evaluation that are to be completed by each separate discipline are highlighted. Each facility has the option to designate which parts of the Initial Examination their clinicians must complete. This letsICANotes help facilities meet documentation needsunique to their specific inpatient practice and to comply with documentation requirements mandated by their surveyors or state laws.
• Treatment Plans – Clinical reminders can be set up to remind a clinician when a patient’s next Treatment Plan is due. Multiple clinicians can add information to the patient’s Treatment Plan, and the complete Comprehensive Treatment Plan may then be compiled and saved as a clinical note and electronically signed by each clinician.
Developed by a psychiatrist, ICANoteswas launched in 1998. Since then, ICANotes has continuouslyevolved its functionality to maximize its usefulness for all behavioral health professionals. Based on a rapid development platform, ICANotes releases program updates every week. The software design is carefully controlled by the company’s founder and clinical director, Richard Morgenstern, MD, a psychiatrist with an in-depth understanding of how clinicians work. The result is an intuitive EHR that requires only minimal training.
“ICANotesis being rapidly adopted by inpatient behavioral health organizations, and the clinician’s need areat the forefront of every programming decision we make,” stated Dr. Morganstern. “We never assume that we know what is best, we prefer to be guided by our valued interactions with our users. We have worked closely with a number of facilities to design and test these new features which are intended to automate workflow for the inpatient setting.”
Now in use by over 3000 providers nationwide, ICANotes has documented more than 3 million patient encounters. As the mostfeature-rich web-based electronic medical records solution for psychiatry and mental health professionals, ICANotes is well known for its unique button-driven charting capability.The program enables clinicians to quickly create thorough, personalized narrative notes in minutes without typing or dictating. ICANotesis clinician-centric and infinitely scalable, reliablymeeting the needs of solo and group practices, hospitals, and large agencies for more than 13 years. For more information on ICANotes, visit www.icanotes.com.
Press Contact – Sandy Crowley
• Email: email@example.com
• Telephone: 443-569-6018
Source Link : ICANotes Releases New Features for Inpatient Mental Health Records